As you already know, online casinos offer an amazing variety when it comes to games. Even an ordinary casino site can offer thousands of titles to play, such as video slot games, jackpots, poker rooms, blackjack, roulette, baccarat – a huge and wide portfolio. What makes this possible is the casino software. Online casinos do not develop their games. Instead, they “hire” them from game studios, whose only job is developing games.
In this regard, online casino software first defines what kind of games you can play at that casino. As can be guessed, there are several developers, but some of them are better than others. However, the same software can also define what kind of features the casino site will support and even its compatibility with mobile devices. In this article, we will talk about this technology in detail and explain how it affects your gaming experience.
Top Casino Game Developers for Canadian Players
Let’s start with a list of the casino game providers we recommend to players from Canada. There are many operators in the casino world that create games, but as we mentioned above, some are simply better than others. We believe these are the best online casino software developers for any kind of player:
- Microgaming: Microgaming was one of the first companies that developed online games and online casino software. It was established in the 90s, the early days of the iGaming industry, and developed the first online and mobile casino software in the world. It has its own delivery platform called “Quickfire” with a selection of more than 1.500 games.
- Konami: Konami is not just a PC game studio. It also develops video slots and other games too. In fact, it is one of the largest gambling suppliers in Asia.
- Genesis: Genesis Gaming is US-based and offers software to land-based casinos and lots of HTML5 slots to online casinos. It has its ecosystem called EDGE.
- IGT: IGT is known as the company that brought video slot cabinets to Las Vegas. In other words, it is also one of the pioneers of the iGaming market. It is also one of the rare companies that are based in the US.
- Evolution Gaming: This company is well-known for its live casino games. It is the largest developer in this special category, and its live casino games are played by millions. It offers a huge selection of live dealer games and game shows.
- Playtech: This company was established in 1999 in Estonia, and it had a mobile first approach from the first day. This is why it is currently one of the largest iGaming suppliers in Europe. Playtech has its casino platform called ONE, and it features over 1.000 games, including a large jackpot network.
- Bally: Bally is one of the oldest US-based companies that offered gambling services both for land-based and online casinos. It even has its casino in Las Vegas. Today, it is a part of the SG Group and continues to develop software and games for internet casino sites.
- Merkur: Merkur Gaming is based in Germany, and it is a part of the famous Gauselmann Group, which is one of the largest iGaming operators in the world. It offers old-school slots and casino games.
- RTG: Real Time Gaming is well known for its white-label casino services. You just get the domain name, and they can handle everything else. RTG casinos are extremely popular in the US, and they support Flash too, which is a rare thing nowadays.
- WMS: Williams Interactive was founded in 1943, and it was the largest manufacturer of pinball tables in the US for a long while. In the 90s, it entered the slot machine market and became a legend. Today, it is a subsidiary of the SG Group.
- Yggdrasil: Yggdrasil is a Nordic developer whose main focus is on innovation – its slots and jackpot games are known all around the world for their originality. If you want fast gameplay and high quality graphics, you should check Yggdrasil titles.
The Importance of Gambling Software
Choosing the right casino software is of crucial importance when it comes to getting a satisfactory gaming experience. The type and features of the casino software affect you in these ways:
- First of all, the software determines what kind of casino titles you will get. The number and quality of online slots, for example, are defined by this software. If you want to play new releases and the best slot games, you should choose the best software.
- It also determines the main features of online casinos, such as their bonuses, promotions, deposit and withdrawal options. You can think of them as platforms – the backbones of gambling sites.
- They also determine the compatibility, whether you can use mobile devices to play casino games, for example.
Types of Casino Game Software
There are mainly four types of software in the online casino industry, based on the features of casino software providers. In other words, you have four different ways to play online games. These are:
|TYPE OF SOFTWARE||WHAT IT MEANS|
|✔️ Download Casino||You need to download software to play at the casino. It only supports desktop devices.|
|🤔 No Download Casino||No download is needed, but you need to use the Flash plugin to play slot titles and other games.|
|🎮 Instant Play Casino||The software work on all mobile devices because it is based on HTML5. You can use any device to play games, and no download is required.|
|☎ Mobile Casino||Made with HTML5, it offers a native application to use on a mobile device. Customers can choose to use the app or simply use the website.|
Choosing the Best Game Providers
Features of the Software
First, review mobile compatibility and make sure the software works smoothly on all devices. You should be able to access the same performance and features no matter what device you use. Also, pay attention to the language support, types of support, and payment options: these are all determined by the casino software.
Safety and Legality
Play only in licensed and safe casinos. All software developed by top-tier companies is licensed by a prestigious agency. At the same time, every page of the site must be encrypted with SSL.
Variety of Games
The variety of online casino games is important. While playing jackpot slots is fun, make sure you can play other types of games (e.g., bingo) whenever you want. Ideally, the number of games should be over 500, and every game category (free games, tumbling reels, realistic games, table games, etc.) should be supported.
Quality of Games
Games should be satisfactory not only in terms of quantity but also in terms of quality. Check out the developer list shared above. All the games offered by these companies are above a certain level of quality.
The scope and variety of bonus offers are also determined by the casino software. Make sure you can take advantage of promotions both when you sign up and after signing up. Ideally, there should be regular campaigns daily, weekly, and monthly.
In short, when choosing a software provider, you should pay attention to multiple things, not just one thing, and try to get the best possible features. The more meticulous you are during this selection, the better the experience you will get.
Play Games Using the Best Software in the Gambling Industry
You are now ready to have fun and make some profit. You have learned everything you need to know about casino software and how it affects you and other players. We have a large number of recommended casinos that work with the most respected software developers, and you can pick any of them right now. They are the best options for Canadian gamblers. Pick one, start playing, and win today!
FAQ about Casino Software & Providers
What is a game provider?
A game provider is a company that develops casino games, both for land-based and online casinos.
What companies make casino games?
There are dozens of companies that create casino games all over the world—for example, Merkur, Evolution, and Genesis.
What are the best casino game development companies?
This is a personal question; however, the games from Microgaming, IGT, and Playtech are good examples. They have huge popularity around the world.
What casino game apps pay real money?
Applications developed by online casinos pay real money, as long as you play with real money too.
What are slot providers?
These are companies that are specialized in creating slot games. They are creating games only for the “slots” category.
What is the best slot provider?
Once again, this should be a personal choice. However, if you want advice, it is highly recommended to check out slots of Microgaming, which are played by millions.
What is the best online casino software?
While the “best” will be determined according to the needs of online casinos, Microgaming’s Quickfire and Playtech’s ONE are among the most popular options.
Can you hack online casino software?
No. They are one of the most secure software platforms you can find.